Before your OFT will allow you to upload any performance tune files, your ECU's original tune file will nee to be uploaded to the OFT.
Use OpenFlash Manager to connect to and download your factory/original tune file from our online data servers. This is a rapid process, and just requires you to select OK/YES a few times.
After seeing the message that reads "says "Only ECU data have been read. The original file must be loaded manually." -Select OK.
- You will be asked "Search original file into databank?" - Select Yes.
- OpenFlash Manager should find and ask you to save the original tune file somewhere on your PC.
The process of uploading the original tune file to your OFT will only ever need to be completed ONCE! In the future, you'll just need to upload new tune files following the guide for "My OFT performed and Actual ECU Read".
4. Identify any empty MOD FILE slots, and select the folder icon to the right of the memory slot.
5. Choose the tune file you’ve downloaded to load a program into the slot.
- If there are no empty memory slots, you will need to delete any existing program(s) by selecting on the red X button to the right of the slot.
- You can select continue this process to fill any empty/remaining empty slots with new tune programs.
- Loading the tunes to the MOD FILE slots can take some minutes.
!! NOTICE !! Usually, the tune file upload process is quick. If your tune file is over 1.5MB (such as for BMW platforms), the software may appear to freeze/hang. Do not force close or quit the software using any task manager! The software is automatically performing checksum corrections in several places of your tune file, and it will take some time. Please wait, and allow the process to complete.
Afterward, you will receive a message that states "The checksum has been corrected".
6. Once all your desired files are loaded, press START.
After the programs have been written to the memory slots, you should receive this message: