After an actual read, your OFT is ready for tune file uploads as necessary:
Download the appropriate stage program that matches your hardware configuration AND calibration code. Follow the instructions below to load the program onto your Openflash Tablet.
NOTE: You MUST a use a native Windows-based PC for the following procedures = virtual machines, or other simulated Windows device/software is not compatible at this time.
- Ensure that your PC has an active internet connection.
- Open the OFM application.
- Connect your Openflash Tablet to your PC using the supplied USB-A to Mini USB cable.
- On the initial launch, OFM may apply necessary tablet updates. This can take some minutes.
- After all updates are applied, navigate to UPLOAD DATA.
- Identify any empty MOD FILE slots, and select the folder icon to the right of the memory slot.
- Choose the tune file you’ve downloaded to load a program into the slot.
- If there are no empty memory slots, you will need to delete any existing program(s) by selecting on the red X button to the right of the slot.
- You can select continue this process to fill any empty/remaining empty slots with new tune programs.
- Loading the tunes to the MOD FILE slots can take some minutes.
!! NOTICE !! Usually, the tune file upload process is quick. If your tune file is over 1.5MB (such as for BMW platforms), the software may appear to freeze/hang. Do not force close or quit the software using taks manager! There software is automatically performing checksum corrections in several places of your tune file, and it will take some time. Please wait, and allow the process to complete.
Afterward, you will receive a message that states "The checksum has been corrected".
- Once all your desired files are loaded, press START.
After the programs have been written to the memory slots, you should receive this message:
You can disconnect the tablet from your PC.
Please watch the example .gif below for more clarity.