Sadly, we cannot forcefully uninstall (un-marry [or reload firmware]) while any tablet is married to a specific vehicle. This means that the ORIGINAL tune has not been reprogrammed back to the initial (married) ECU.
The reason for this is that the tablet retains the security and calibration information for the vehicle for which it was initially installed UNTIL the OFT recognizes that it no longer needs to retain the information. E.G: the original tune (and vehicle specific data) has been re-written back to the ECU.
Once the original data is programmed back to the vehicle, the tablet will allow itself to be erased in OpenFlash Manager; because the original data no longer needs to be retained.
If your tablet is unusable for the reason above, you may be eligible to take advantage of our exchange program. Our exchange program will deduct $249 from the cost of a new OFT for your vehicle/bike.
The way it works is as follows:
- We'll provide you with an RMA number (via email) to send in with your return hardware.
- You mail us your tablet with the RMA written on the package, and include your printed RMA email packaged inside the box.
- When we receive the tablet, we will verify it is in exchangeable condition and not (otherwise) broken or damaged.
- We will forward you a coupon code to purchase a new OFT from our web-store with a discount of $249 from the original price.
- After receipt of your payment, we will ship you your brand new OFT.
So long as there is no physical damage to the OFT hardware, it may be eligible. Please send us the following information:
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Shipping Address
- Vehicle Type
- OFT Serial Number
In this case, you will also be receiving a brand new OFT2, instead of an OFT 1 which you may have now.
NOTE: Once we receive your hardware, it will be at our total discretion wether or not it is eligible for our exchange program. If we determine that your unit is not eligible, you will be responsible for paying return shipping for your device back to you.