If you've installed a new version of OFM, you may be greeted by a series of messages while trying to load new OTS tunes to your tablet, or erasing a previously installed device. They may be any of the following:
These errors are due to a partial OpenFlash Manager installation. Please perform the following steps.
Please download, and then install the vcredist_x86 attached to at the bottom of this article.
-Be sure to run the installation program as administrator. Even with a successful installation of the package, you may not get any type of confirmation.
-If the installation fails, you will receive an error message.
After installing the software, re-launch OFM, and and try performing your task again.
If you continue to have issues with the software failing to upload tune files ....
- Uninstall the Openflash manager entirely.
- Navigate to you C:\ drive, and DELETE the "OpenFlash" folder.
- Ensure that you have a working internet connection.
- Download a fresh copy of OFM.
- Ensure that your antivirus program(s) is/are NOT running.
- Right click on the installer program (that you downloaded in step 4) and select "Run as Administrator".
- Let the program fully install, and then start the software.
- After the software is running, plug your OFT into your computer (using a USB-A to Mini-USB cable) and allow the software to connect and update the device.
Review the .gif for a visual walk-thru (click here).
After re-installing OFM, please try try performing your task again.
If none of the above instruction get your software working correctly please check to see if you've plugged your OFT into a USB 3.0 port.
How to check your port type (multiple site options):
At this time, USB 3.0 ports are NOT compatible with the Openflash Tablet device drivers. You will need to use a different USB port for successful connection.