If you've installed a new version of OFM, you may be greeted by a series of messages while trying to load new OTS tunes to your tablet. They may be any of the following:
These errors are due to an installation error while installing OFM. Please perform the following steps.
- Uninstall the Openflash manager entirely.
- Navigate to you C:\ drive, and DELETE the "OpenFlash" folder.
- Ensure that you have a working internet connection.
- Download a fresh copy of OFM.
- Ensure that your antivirus program(s) is/are NOT running.
- Right click on the installer program (that you downloaded in step 4) and select "Run as Administrator".
- Let the program fully install, and then start the software.
- After the software is running, plug your OFT into your computer (using a USB-A to Mini-USB cable) and allow the software to connect and update the device.
After re-installing OFM, please try try performing your task again.
If you continue to have issues with the software failing to upload tune files ....
Please download, and then install the vcredist_x86 attached to at the bottom of this article.
-Be sure to run the installation program as administrator. Even with a successful installation of the package, you may not get any type of confirmation.
If none of the above instruction get your software working correctly please check to see if you've plugged your OFT into a USB 3.0 port.
How to check your port type (multiple site options):
At this time, USB 3.0 ports are NOT compatible with the Openflash Tablet device drivers. You will need to use a different USB port for successful connection.