In recent months, our business has grown to a level that makes it difficult to keep up with our e-tuning, and customer service email's being sent to the same place. With customer service emails coming in by the dozens each hour, our e-tuning customer needs would eventually be pushed further and further down our email list.
With that in mind, we've implemented a new system for requesting basemap, datalog review, and tune revisions to keep our e-tuning customers (that need quicker replies) excluded from the abundance of general emails and support. Our new operating practice also has the built-in solution for our e-tuning customers to understand when to expect a tune revision by email.
The following information outlines our new procedure to execute a successful e-tune with our calibrators.
- Purchase and successfully install your Openflash Tablet onto your vehicle/ECU; if you haven't already.
- Purchase an e-tune service from our web-store.
- Read, understand, and agree with our standard disclaimer/release of liability when you electronically sign our e-form.
- Submit a request for a basemap in our scheduling system.
- Please have your ORIGINAL tune files saved onto your PC after downloading it from your tablet. You will need to upload the tune to our scheduler.
- Be prepared to Include a detailed description of your vehicle hardware/configuration when submitting your request on our scheduler.
- Receive your basemap via email. Load it into your tablet, and then program the software up-date onto your ECU.
- Our basemap email will include instructions about how to proceed with initial testing using your new software update.
- Complete a datalog as requested by our calibration staff.
- Download your datalog and save it to a known location on your PC using Openflash Manager
- Go back to our scheduler and schedule an appointment for a tune revision by submitting your new request.
- Be prepared to upload your datalog (up to 3) when scheduling your appointment.
- Please be prepared to type/write any comments or suggestions that you have based on your driving experience with the new software update.
- Wait for any revision or correspondence from our calibration staff
.... Repeat the process from step 5 until our calibration staff informs you that we're done!
It is that simple! If you have any questions about the e-tuning process, please email email@example.com
We look forward to working with you!