The reason for this is that the tablet retains the security and calibration information for the vehicle for which it was initially installed UNTIL it recognizes that it no needs to retain the information. E.G: the original tune (and vehicle specific data) has been re-written back to the ECU.
Once the original data is programmed back to the vehicle, the tablet will permit a wipe (erase) since it the original data no longer needs to be retained.
If your tablet is unusable for the reason above, you may be eligible to take advantage of our exchange program. The way it works is as follows:
- I'll provide you with an RMA number (via email) to send in with your return hardware.
- You mail us your tablet with the RMA written on the package, and include your printed RMA email packaged inside the box.
- When we receive the tablet, we will verify it is in exchangeable condition and not (otherwise) broken or damaged.
- We will forward you an coupon code to purchase a new OFT from our webstore at the reduced price of $250 + shipping and sales tax (if applicable).
- After receipt of your payment, we will ship you your brand new OFT.
In this case, you will also be receiving a brand new OFT2, instead of an OFT 1 which you may have now.
HELP: Which version OFT do I have?
NOTE: Once we receive your hardware, it will be at our total discretion wether or not it is eligible for our exchange program. If we determine that your unit is not eligible, you will be responsible for paying return shipping for your device back to you.